This position is responsible for adding new customers, product sales growth, equipment allocation and relationship building with both our customers, distributors and our manufacturers for our Utah Branch.
- Open new accounts via targeting, cold call canvassing, distributor leads, manufacturer leads and approvals (“license to hunt”) and referrals. Close at least 3.5 new machine placements at volume-qualified accounts per week (2.5 Nestle focus platforms +1 R&G Coffee or BIB).
- Maintain sales lead funnel of at least $312,000 in current targets. Track closed or dead opportunities and maintain contact management system database.
- Focus on larger accounts above $30,000 annually in beverage or related sales.
- Call on and complete tracking for manufacturer National Accounts.
- PR calls to top 40 accounts on a quarterly basis
- Manage equipment allocation and through puts to maximize Return on Investment on both new and existing accounts. Mop up low volume accounts.
- Follow through on accounts “pirating” of product in our equipment.
- Work directly in conjunction with “full-line distributor” sales staff handling product meetings, trade shows, MA training, product inventory management pars and account presentations. Drive new business and new product slotting.
- Build relationships and maximize effectiveness of manufacture representatives to grow the market.
- Develop, manage & motivate the route sales team to grow volume on existing accounts and build and manage customer relations/execution.
- Keep abreast and report on products, category, innovation, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends
- Maintain awareness of competitive market trends of new products, concepts and pricing strategies.
- Assist Marketing Department in making best use of Marketing programs, fliers, brochures and promotions.
- Conduct in house showroom demonstrations.
- Create goodwill and maintain positive rapport with accounts.
- Work with Customer Service in supporting accounts and handling deliveries, out of stocks, et cetera.
- Work with Service Department in coordinating installations, handling pick-ups and product kick-offs.
- Various tasks inside and outside the office.
- Respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner (same day).
- Maintain positive outlook and creative prospective.
- May include other duties as needed
- Ability to lift coffee and similar types product and equipment ranging from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, will consider relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the Western market and willingness to cold call
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish good relationships with customers; ability to collaborate at all levels in an office environment and foodservice establishment.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses.
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Polished and professional appearance and demeanor
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Proficiency using computer Funnel, Excel, Goldmine Data Base, AS400, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with POS and inventory reports