This position is responsible for product sales growth, equipment allocation, and relationship building with our distributors and our manufacturers in the Southern California market, specifically focused on our business in the Northern LA County, Ventura County along with Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Kern Counties. Ideal candidate would reside in North LA County to Ventura County. Salesperson would sell to customers who utilize food distributors and directly to those who do not.
- Open new accounts via targeting, cold call canvassing, distributor leads, manufacturer approvals (“license to hunt”) and referrals. Close at least 4.5 new machine placements at volume-qualified accounts per week.
- Actively manage sales lead funnel of 30 minimum current opportunities, with 5-10 being 30k annually or larger. Track closed or dead opportunities and maintain CRM funnel.
- Call on and complete tracking for manufacturer National Accounts.
- Account Retention- PR calls to top 40 accounts.
- Manage equipment allocation and through puts to maximize ROI (return on investment) for both new and existing accounts, cleaning up poor performing or cheating accounts as needed.
- Maintain a three to one ratio of sales calls focused on new business vs. protecting existing business. To be highly successful, an average of 6 or more sales calls per day is needed, using showroom for demos as needed.
- Work directly in conjunction with “full-line distributor” sales staff handling product meetings, trade shows, MA training, product inventory management pars and account presentations. Drive new business and new product slotting.
- Build relationships and maximize effectiveness of manufacture representatives to grow the market for all programs.
- Maintain awareness of competitive market trends of new products, concepts, and pricing strategies.
- Create goodwill and maintain positive rapport with accounts.
- Work with Service Department in coordinating installations, handling pick-ups and product kick-offs, and the customer service department in supporting accounts and handling deliveries, out of stocks, etc.
- Various tasks inside and outside the office. May include other duties as needed
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to establish good relationships with customers; ability to collaborate at all levels in an office environment and foodservice establishment.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities, and expenses.
- Clean motor vehicle record.
- Dress code and demeanor needs to be neat and professional.
- Able to work independently while being a team player
- Proficiency using customer management tools, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and be able to utilize digital tools to aid in selling.
- Flexibility for overnight travel (5% of time or less).
Additional Benefits included: usage of computer and phone, car allowance and mileage, Vacation and Sick leave, 401k program with employer contribution based on profitability, a majority of insurance costs covered for the employee.