This position is responsible for providing ongoing support to the Operations Department and to act in accordance with the Company’s policies to ensure the best possible service and support to our customers and distributors.
- Complete daily work schedules.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair beverage machines
- Provide On-call support.
- Ensure time keeping records are accurate and submitted timely.
- Ensure you are taking mandatory breaks and meal periods.
- Attend monthly Service meetings.
- Review safety topics at each team meeting (one item per meeting. E.g. safe lifting technicians).
- May include other duties as needed
- Managing parts availability for service vehicle.
- Ensure the service vehicle is safe to operate, report any issues promptly to your Service Manager
- Ensure scheduled maintenance for the service vehicle is scheduled and completed.
- Ensuring safe driving (defensive driving) practices are being followed.
- Responsible for keeping assigned service vehicle clean and organized (exterior and interior).
- Ensure vehicle has proper insurance and registration documentation
- Technicians must be at work ready to go at their scheduled start time. E.g. If the technician is scheduled to start work at 8:00a.m., they should be at their 1st job or at the shop at 8:00a.m.
- If dispatch does not send first call for following day Service Manager is to be notified by 5:45PM nightly
- Keep in contact with dispatch and Service Managers throughout the day as dictated in the Service Technician handbook
- Act professional in appearance and comply with Company guidelines.
- Daily response time for reactive service calls, our immediate goal is to respond to “new” service calls received prior to 3:00p.m. will be completed the same day. Calls received after 3:00p.m. will receive an a.m. priority for the following day. This applies to customers in the greater metropolitan area. Our response time goal for customers outside of this area will receive service within reasonable time from the time the call was received.
- Make sure to calibrate equipment at each service call.
- Test temperature on each unit worked on.
Equipment refurbishment (local)
- Ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all equipment is bench checked prior to placement in the field.
- Ensure the repair facility is kept in a clean and organized condition.
- Prior plumbing, electrical, refrigeration or espresso background experienced preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean record with less than two moving violations.
- (No DUI or major infractions) required
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to apply basic skills and techniques to perform tasks and resolve routine questions and problems. Must have basic computer and data equipment skills.
- Flexibility to overtime, on call shifts and weekends.
- Ability to communicate with customers, call center, sales team, and others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs