This position is responsible for product sales growth, equipment allocation and relationship building with our distributors and our manufacturers in the Southern California market, specifically focused at Sysco Los Angeles.
Strong base pay plus considerable commission potential as well. Additional Benefits included: usage of iPhone & Surface Pro, Car allowance and mileage, 401k program w/match, a majority of insurance costs covered for the employee.
- Open new accounts via targeting, cold call canvassing, distributor leads, manufacturer approvals (“license to hunt”) and referrals. Close at least 3.5 new machine placements at volume-qualified accounts per week (2.5 Nestle focus platforms +1 R&G Coffee or BIB).
- Actively manage sales lead funnel of at least $312,000 in current targets. Track closed or dead opportunities and maintain contact management system database.
- Call on and complete tracking for manufacturer National Accounts.
- PR calls to top 40 accounts.
- Manage equipment allocation and through puts to maximize return on investment on both new and existing accounts, cleaning up poor performing or cheating accounts as needed.
- Maintain a three to one ratio of sales calls focused on new business vs. protecting existing business. To be highly successful, an average of 6 or more sales calls per day is required.
- Work directly in conjunction with “full-line distributor” sales staff handling product meetings, trade shows, MA training, product inventory management pars and account presentations. Drive new business and new product slotting.
- Build relationships and maximize effectiveness of manufacture representatives to grow the market.
- Maintain awareness of competitive market trends of new products, concepts and pricing strategies.
- Assist Marketing Department in making best use of Marketing programs, fliers, brochures and promotions.
- Conduct in house showroom demonstrations.
- Maintain a list of key accounts and track that they have “PR” call quarterly.
- Create goodwill and maintain positive rapport with accounts.
- Work with Service Department in coordinating installations, handling pick-ups and product kick-offs.
- Maintain positive outlook and creative prospective
- Various tasks inside and outside the office. May include other duties as needed
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish good relationships with customers; ability to collaborate at all levels in an office environment and foodservice establishment.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses.
- Clean motor vehicle record.
- Dress code and demeanor needs to be neat and professional.
- Able to work independently while being a team player
- Proficiency using customer management tools, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and be able to utilize digital tools to aid in selling.
Flexibility for overnight travel-(minimal need)