This position is responsible for providing delivery & service of all Office Coffee & Food Service products to the Quick Dispense customer base. The primary role for the OCS Route Specialist will be to deliver & sell orders to our existing customers while growing sales volume within existing and new accounts. Additional warehouse role is required to maintain and share good working flow within the warehouse, including the scheduling of product arrivals and replenishment including vehicle loading. Route Specialists are required to inspect and maintain vehicles and all supporting equipment daily, while submitting supporting documents to the Delivery Supervisor timely. Route Specialist are also responsible for the sanitation and PM servicing of all account placed equipment, maintaining a high standard and company expectations.
When route coverage is not required, or available time is remaining on the driver’s daily scheduled shift. The route driver will be required to support the warehouse process including shipping, receiving / order building / order staging / loading and offloading trucks as well as performing inventory counts.
Additional responsibility may include service shop equipment prep when notified in advance.
Employee are responsible to act and dress in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
Essential functions: OCS Route Driver
- Interact professionally with internal/external customers
- Building a strong relationship with existing customers while maintaining accounts on their designated delivery day
- Arrive at the first account within 45mins after clock in. (Subject to change with territory areas)
- Maximize Sales Opportunities by building relationships and up selling product at every account
- Solicit new Business via cold calling when available opportunity arises.
- Maintain an accurate Inventory level of product available on the delivery truck.
- Maintain daily PAR levels based on sales trends by route date
- Stock and Rotate Inventory at each account using F.I.F.O rotation
- Clean & Maintain Equipment at each account, communicate equipment issues to the service Department dispatcher as required.
- Conduct EOM Monthly Truck Inventory & Communication
- Communicate with Sales Person Daily Including (Beginning Day & End Of Day)
- Must be able to perform duties using hand truck
- Must be able to operate Hand Held or Computer equipment
- Must be available for After Hours or Weekend Rotation based on customer needs
- May be required to cover multiple routes or stops based on business needs.
- May include other duties as required
Essential functions: Warehouse
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and or Purchase Orders.
- Assist in customer orders building / Will Calls / Staging of Next day shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be transferred or distributed.
- Slotting and replenishing product & materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code or location.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
- Organizing warehouse and work area, sweeping, dusting, and mopping as needed
- Clean & Maintain Equipment at each account and communicate equipment issues to the service Department as needed.
- Must be able to operate basic Hand Held or Computer equipment
- Must be able to perform basic customer service requirements
- Warehouse Count and Reconciliation / Conduct accurate Physical Inventory
- Must have clear and open communication with Department Leadership
- May include other duties as needed
Essential functions: Shop Prep (Equipment)
- Assist service department with scheduled Equipment prep, test and calibration of equipment arriving into the service shop and preparing to be installed into the territory.
- Assist service department with equipment palletizing , strapping /loading and shipment based on order request or BOL prepared and communicated by service manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clean Driving Record is required-Class C License required.
- Experience in Route Sales is desired but not necessary
- Experience in Forklift Operation- In House Safety Training Will Be Provided
- Dress Code and Demeanor must always be professional – Following Company policy
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.